Tired of eating the same old chicken breast, wishing that you had a great side dish to compliment it?
Say no more.
Try this tasty kale dish that takes less than ten minutes before its ready to devour.
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 2 teaspoons Ras el Hamout (bunch of spices thrown together- look below)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (make sure to buy a brand without guar gum in the ingredients)
- (optional for more spice)- 1/2 jalapeño pepper finely chopped or 2 tsp crushed red pepper
Ras el Hanout- This is good to have on hand for different dishes that you make. Combine all spices and herbs together and mix. Store in airtight container.
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Wash kale and remove large stems. Tear into smallish pieces. Don’t dry off leaves before cooking. Wet leaves are good for steaming and softening harder greens.
- Over medium heat, toss in half the kale and stir until it begins to wilt and then throw in the remaining leaves. Cover with lid.
- In a small bowl mix Ras el Hanout, garlic and salt. If you chose the optional jalapeño or crushed red peppers, add them in.
- When leaves are dark and have begun to wilt, remove the lid and slide the kale to the side of the pan.
- Now add coconut oil to the pan and pour spices directly into the melted coconut oil.
- Lastly pour in the coconut milk and stir until everything is mixed evenly.
This was an instant classic at our house and probably will be in yours too!!!