The breakfast game-changer is here!
When I first heard about paleo oatmeal, I quickly dismissed it because I have never been a big fan of oatmeal. I didn’t care for the consistency and how it left me feeling hungry minutes after eating it.
But this oatmeal leaves me satisfied for hours and the consistency issue is the farthest thing from my mind as I’m in a non-stop shoveling motion to get this in my belly.
Feel free to add or take out anything that you want to what is listed here. I discovered this formulation through experimentation.
Paleo Oatmeal Ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Large handful of blackberries (Can also use- blueberries, raspberries, apples, etc.)
- Small handful of pecans and walnuts
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon – (I have also used 1 tsp nutmeg a few times)
1) Over medium heat sauté raisins, pumpkin spice and cinnamon in coconut oil while you prepare the rest.
2) In a food processor (can also use blender if you don’t have FP), combine banana, eggs, nuts, almond butter and process until almost liquified.
3) Add the mixture to the pan with the sautéd raisins. Continue to stir until desired consistency. For me, I error on the side of cooking to much. I add in the blackberries for a minute or two at the end of the process, just enough to heat them up.
4) This make enough for one person. Double everything, if cooking for two. Enjoy!