When cleaning up your diet (or working to keep it clean), feeling satisfied in your meals can be a real challenge. This is a recipe that I started making during our Eat Well challenge earlier this year and I’ve found is a great way to be able to eat a satisfying meal without filling up on junk. The recipe makes numerous hefty servings, is pretty straight-forward, and is reminiscent of some of my favorite Italian dishes (win!).
It takes a little over a half hour to make and is well worth the effort. Give it a shot if you’re looking to try something new for dinner!
What you’ll need:
2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
5 Italian sausage links (I used the sweet Italian sausage from the Wedge)
2 red bell peppers
1 green bell pepper
1 can fire roasted/diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper
How to make it:
1.Cook the sausage in a frying pan until browned (grill them is the weather is cooperating!)
2. Cut the peppers into strips and the broccoli into florets
3. In a separate pan, add some coconut oil and fry the peppers until tender, then add the broccoli and cook until it softens. Stir frequently.
4. Once the broccoli is cooked, add the can of tomatoes, seasoning, and salt and pepper. Turn heat down to low.
5. Cut the sausage into 1/2″ pieces and add to the stir fry.
6. Mix everything together and serve!